Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Clingy

She was up and feeling the prettiest she had in weeks.
Time enough for the both of us to run away in the panic sort of speak.
Sort of half God/half machine...
And read me books of hidden love and seek.
The things for which you look are found in between
My hands pressed on, and my tongue; restlessly caressed near your cheek.


(and after)

Abating the breath from my lungs.
Sort of half God/ Half man birthed by the machine.
And the words like "love" get redacted.
We tossed up our hands to look like doves
And I will not stop breathing for the sake of your love.
I am a spot on the sentence where your two lips combine.
Quickly out of time.
On the sink of the stitch, On the blink of an inch in the eye.
(and before)
Before for you come back
And so this never happens again,
Stay punctual, you are the dot that marks my end.

No comments: